Want to make a short film?
HONOLULU (KHON2) — Would you like to make your movie idea a reality?
Current or former Hawaii residents can submit a maximum of 15 pages of a screenplay by August 19 on the ‘Ohina Filmmakers Lab’ website.
On the way with KHON 2GOKHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8am
The judges announce the top 10 filmmakers by October 7.
The fifth annual ‘Ohina Filmmakers Lab will be held on Saturday, November 12 and Saturday, November 19. online and in person.
The lab trains filmmakers on various aspects of the industry with the help of professionals. The former professionals who participated were:
- Susan Soon He Stanton – “Succession” writer/producer
- Rob Letterman – Writer/Director “Pokémon Detective Pikachu”
- Aaron and Jordan Kandell – “Moana” co-writers
- Eric Pearson – “Thor: Ragnarok” co-writer
- Dana Ledoux-Miller – Newsroom Editor
- Joe Robert Cole – “Black Panther” co-writer
Check out more Hawaii news
One of the entries will receive the ‘Ohina Greenlight Award’ which is the change for funding and support for their screenplay becoming a completed short film.